About this item
- Steel-Framed Acrylic Backboard | Fade-Resistant Graphics | All-Weather Net | Slam-It Pro Rim
- Pole size – 4” | Adjustment range – 7.5 ft. to 10 ft. | Backboard size – 54” | Net weight – 70g
- 54-inch pro-look backboard made of sturdy Makrolon polycarbonate for shatterproof action
- Durable in-ground basketball goal designed for rugged, high-intensity play | Slam-It Pro Rim with double-compression springs for dunking | All-weather nylon net
- Blow-molded backboard frame pad for protection | Power Lift Height Adjustment Mechanism easily adjusts from 7.5 to 10 feet using one hand | Backed by a 5-Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty
- Brand: Lifetime
- Material: Alloy Steel
- Color: Clear/Black
- Item Dimensions LxWxH: 49 x 54 x 120 inches
- Item Weight: 107 Pounds
- Special Feature: Adjustable
- Mounting Type: Freestanding
- Included Components: Lifetime 71524 XL Height Adjustable Portable Basketball System, 54 Inch Shatterproof Backboard
- Frame Material: Alloy Steel
- Minimum Height: 7.5 Feet
- Style: Portable
- Assembly Required: Yes
- Maximum Height Recommendation: 10 Feet
- Item Package Dimensions L x W x H: 55 x 34.5 x 11.75 inches
- Package Weight: 52.16 Kilograms
- Warranty Description: 5-Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty
- Suggested Users: Unisex-adult
- Number of Items: 1
- Size: 54" Polycarbonate Backboard
- Sport Type: Basketball
Customer questions & answers
Question:What is the offset (the distance between the backboard and the pole)?
Answer:With multiple adjustments in height the distance from face of pole to face of backboard varies as such: at 10' (full height) it is about 13"; at 9' it is about 21"; at 8' it is about 20". There are height adjustments from 7.5' to 10' in 6" increments. Hope this helps.
Question:what is the distance between the pole and backboard at 10 feet height?
Answer:At 10’ this distance would be 15.25”.
Question:Can this backboard be mounted on an existing 3.5” pole?
Answer:This system comes with a pole. It is a 3.5 inch round pole.
Question:Does this come with the mounting kit (metal plate & bolts) or is it simply just the pole?
Answer:Not sure what you mean by "mounting kit." This item, #71525, comes with three pole sections, the bottom one of which is cemented directly into the ground, the backboard, hoop, net, and lift kit. It comes with all necessary screws, nuts, and bolts to put it together.
That being said, it does NOT come with a "ground sleeve" kit, which is a separate, short metal pole section with a metal plate and single bolt, which some people like so that they can take the pole OUT of the ground at will simply by loosening the bolt. I did buy the ground sleeve section separately, and it comes with the metal plate and bolt.